Saturday, June 30, 2007

One Month More

This blog badly needs some updating. I had been frantically busy at the office the past two weeks, hence the silence. Because things are not getting any less hectic in the coming weeks, I decided to drag my self to this internet cafe near our apartment to post something for my 2 loyal readers out there.

This internet cafe sits near where I buy toron. Toron is my favorite food ever and it is a must for me that I have some of it during weekends. Near the cafe is where I also bought an old suitcase peddled in the Evangelista flea market (I just love Evangelista!). It cost me all P300 to buy the suitcase this morning, which I dragged for four blocks all the way home.

Last night I watched a series of 50-minute plays at the CCP with famous blogger Gibbs Cadiz and three of his friends. I have to thank Gibbs of course for the nice treat. I'm supposed to write about the plays, which is exactly what I'm doing later this week.

We left the CCP at around 11 in the evening. From there I took a cab to the 24-hour Cebu Pacific office at the airport to buy a one-way ticket to Bangkok. Thanks to horrendous traffic, it was already way past midnight when I arrived. Right when they were about to print my ticket their printer conveniently went haywire. I had to wait thirty minutes more for my tickets. So it's confirmed, I'm leaving 30 July, 10:35 pm, arriving in Bangkok at a little past midnight.

P.S. I finally finished The Ground Beneath Her Feet last Wednesday, which took a humiliating six weeks. No excuses. Anyway, I'm rapidly reading the hilarious Of Cats and Kings right now. No movies for me. Our TV decided to stop working last week. Gotta drag it to the repair man silom.

2 comments:

jayclops said...

Hi Gi. I've "won" a book from Gibbs Cadiz, the ones featured in his blog. At least he didn't require stupefying quizzes. Ipa-claim pa nko sa akong classmates diha.

Anyway, re ur Bangkok destiny, tons of luck and blessings jud. Chat with u soon!

kawadjan said...

really? wow, congrats. i also emailed him about it but someone grabbed my book of choice already.

gibbs is super nice, btw.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin