Friday, September 28, 2007

A Date with Rafael Nadal (...Almost)

And so last night my officemates and I received free tickets to the Thailand Open 2007, which was a great deal for me because I had been watching tennis on and off for the past years. Of course especially when a gorgeous tennis player is around, like, uhum, Rafael Nadal (who I've written about here and here), my eyes are on the court of every major tournament around. My Rafa is supposed to play this year but he canceled, together with Federer, Djokovic, and Roddick. What a bummer.


Last night we watched Benjamin Becker (Germany) and Danai Udomchoke (Thailand). Three quarters of the stadium were of course cheering for the Thai player, which made the match very exciting if only for the palpable energy. But alas the Thai lost in straight sets. This was followed by a match between players from Czech Republic and Germany.

Nadal might have been sorely missed but it was still a sensational experience for me because it was my first time to watch a live tennis match and in an international tournament at that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin