Friday, May 30, 2008

My Sweetheart Coco

I've long been watching this superb model Coco Rocha. I love her like she's my sister! Hihihi.

According to her Wikipedia entry, Coco "was born (in 10 September 1988) in Toronto, Ontario, but moved to Richmond, British Columbia at a very young age. She is of Irish, Russian, and Welsh descent. She was discovered at the age of 14 when competing in an Irish dance competition". She first appeared in the catwalks of New York Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2006 and was followed by snagging jobs at the much-coveted Paris runways.

Soon after that, the fashion world saw her meteoric rise in the modeling industry, bagging covers for Numero, W, Vogue Italia, Vogue Korea, and the 2006 TIME Style&Design issue (with fellow top model Du Juan). She also appears in several ad campaigns including Dolce and Gabbana, among others.

I'm crazy over Coco. She has this distinct walk on the runway that long before the camera zooms on her face I would already know that it's Coco on her way. I think her dancing experience has a lot to do with with her elegance. On the pages of the fashion magazine, Coco is a chameleon, making her one of the favorites of legendary photographer Steven Meisel.

Check her out on MySpace and her official site.

Pa-bonus po... look who are together?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin