Monday, October 06, 2014

October update

I don't understand how I managed to have not updated this blog for months now. Sometimes I ask my self why I still maintain it rather than shutting it down altogether. 

But I'm sentimental about how this blog has served as a kind of archive or journal of my experiences, so might as well trudge on despite the scant number of entries.

Anyway, here's a short update...

I've finally wrapped up the forum that I had been organizing since about six months ago. The forum could've been better, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 

If anything, my motivation for working hard on the organization of the event is the fear that it would become a big hot mess. I've always been fuelled by insecurities and coordinating the forum was not different. 

Also, I am lucky to have such strong support from my colleagues, to whom I delegated many tasks. The teamwork in my office is astounding and I couldn't be more thankful.

With that forum over, I'm looking forward to my trip to Las Islas Filipinas a month from today. 

I haven't been home for three years! I truly deserve to take a break and visit my family and friends. 

I'll be in the Philippines for three weeks, spending most of my time in my hometown. I don't have plans for the trip other than spending time with my family and then probably spending a couple of nights on Siargao island. 

I hope I'll have more time to update this blog once I'm in Surigao. I don't know what to write about. That city is boring. 

Many of my friends have since left, even my brother and sister are not based there. I can imagine having lots of time with my mom and grandmother, which is not bad at all.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

You maintain it because people out there in the ether actually read it.

Zahura said...

You maintain it because people like me like to read it and tell you that keep up, if not for yourself, for people like me. You have beautiful thoughts and stories. It's wonderful to read. Especially when you talked about the old Kerosene Lamps, you found sitting around collecting dust, yet you couldn't help taking picture of them. It made me smile and took me back to my childhood when my mama used to light them up. So keep writing this wonderful memories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin