Friday, April 07, 2006

Summer

It's freaking hot these days.

Having a job that leaves me no choice but to sleep in daytime is making the summer season like summer in hell. Even with two electric fans facing my direction when I sleep, I still wake up with a thin film of sweat all over my body. I always wake up with a throbbing headache as well.

***

Oh well, what else is there to do in summer than go to the beach.

As the Holy Week approaches, my fag friend and I are planning to do that most cliched thing any self-respecting fag is bound to do... go to Puerto Gallera. I'm not even a beach lover.

It's my first time there. I've heard of the most hedonistic experiences in Puerto. Who said the Holy Week is for fasting and abstinence anyway? Thank God I'm not a Catholic anymore.

***

I just finished reading "A Home at the End of the World" by Micheal Cunningham. He is the same author of "The Hours". "A Home at the End of the World" is one of the most satisfying book I've read lately... it is a mix of coming of age story, a dash of homosexuality, liberal politics, and really really catchy lines that I found my self underlining some of the text.

Right now I'm reading "Shampoo Planet", which is touted as the "Catcher In the Rye" for twenty-somethings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin