Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New York Minute

I am living in a separate time zone. More than a month after leaving a job that required me to work on graveyard shift, my body clock is still inconveniently graveyard.

And at this rate, I'm so heading for the grave.

This is how I felt when I was still also adjusting my system to working in the evening up to early morning. I felt so groggy during the the first two months, I felt like i was floating all the time, almost similar to being intoxicated. I was just ready to die coz it seems like I was going to break down any time then. That was several months back.

But now, I'm back to the "real" world. I need to be up when this side of the world functions normally.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in the New York's time zone. I usually sleep at around 8pm but would just wake up at around 1am and never go back to sleep again. Last night was worse, I slept at 11pm and woke up at 1am. By 3am I was having breakfast. At 6am I was back to sleep, only to wake up at 7am to leave for work.

I'm now at the office. Coffee sustains me, otherwise my head would crash on the keyboard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin