Friday, July 27, 2007

Flat

Ok, enough camwhoring for now.

I finally got my visa last Wednesday. It was fairly easy and fast… of course if you compare it with getting a US visa.

And it's my last day at work today. Got everything settled more or less. I finished my last feature story, the one that brought me to Mindanao last week. I'm not very happy with the final output though, which is always what I say about anything I write anyway.

Last three days in Manila. I don't understand why I'm so ambivalent about leaving this city, my office, and my friends here. In fact, I'm completely vacillating about what I feel right now. I'm almost disengaged from the idea of making this huge transition. I'm sorry, I have no energy to analyze what's about to happen. Let's just say I'd try to surprise my self.

Does anybody understand what I'm saying? Because I honestly don't.

All right, I'd just proceed to the perfunctory farewell walk of any beauty pageant queen. Play dramatic music here.

I would like to thank the Miss Universe organization, especially Mr. Donald Trump for letting me keep the crown even if I gained a horrendous amount of weight. I do love the Mikimoto crown though and I hope I wouldn't have to pass it on to another Latina cunt's head. I would like to thank the Binibining Pilipinas Charities and Madam Araneta for all the ghastly gowns you provided me on my trip to Colombia. Mother Lily, I'm ready for my first pitu-pito movie. ABS-CBN, are you planning to do a remake of Kokak? I'm so psyched up for the role.

Where was I?

Anyhoot, I'm a mess right now. I'm totally numb. I know I should be feeling something. I'm waiting for some sense of excitement. I would even welcome dread.

Baboosh!

1 comment:

Mostly Normal said...

Is this the calm before the storm? Hmm... =)
Happy trip and enjoy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin