Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Is McDonald's Filipino Food?

Every week I see to it that I eat at McDonald's. For some strange reason it reminds me of home. McDo here is exactly like every McDo in the Philippines: the same bland burgers, the kitschy decor, the feigned excitement of the people behind the counter, the squealing kids, etc.

A friend is taking me to a Filipino restaurant for lunch this Sunday. I hope they have turon there. And of course adobo. I suppose naman the food there is not spicy anymore no?

I'd kill to eat D's kilayin right now. Hehehehe.

***

Loneliness has finally settled. I was expecting this sooner or later. And now I welcome it (with dread).

I'm looking for company most of the time. I haven't had a long conversation with anyone. I miss talking in Tagalog, Bisaya, and most of all Surigaonon. Ravishing R's visit here last week gave me a respite from speaking English, thank God.

Dyos ko, I'm so vulnerable right now.

***

Thanks to everyone who emails and contacts me through YM. You have no idea how it means to have someone to talk to after long periods of silence. Well, emailing ang YMing are already counted as talking for me these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maghanap ka ng keke jan! hehehe

how are you G?

kawadjan said...

hahahaha. clever suggestion, Ipe. don't worry, i'll work on finding a keke.

kumusta?

Anonymous said...

Punta ka sa flower market. Bili ka long-stemmed roses. Tapos ayain mong mag-bowling ang officemates mo. Pag titira, dapat hawak ang bouquet. Saya, di ba?

Just wait out this bout. Isipin mo na lang na di mo mararamdaman ang saya kung di ka malulungkot paminsan-minsan.

We miss you here in the office. Ang pinalit kasi ni Henry sa "gay, lean and statuesque" ay "straight, fat and short." :-(

Chat tayo pag lonely ka pa rin.

JT

kawadjan said...

oh my god, JT thanks for visiting my blog. i'm touched. :p

yes, i remember your story about bowling with long-stemmed roses. fabulous! i'd try that one of these days.

at paano nakapasok ang straight sa innotech? hehehe. there should be a moratorium against them no? choz. also dapat may requirement for body mass index. nobody higher than 20 (and that's already very generous).

hope to see you in october/november. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin