Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Part of Your World

A couple of days back, I went to the Army Sports Club, which is like a three-minute walk from the office, to check their swimming pool. Swimming is probably the only sport that I can do and I enjoy it immensely. I don't have formal training in the sport though. But hey, I come from Surigao, we are practically surrounded by water. I used to regularly swim with Grace back in Davao, but I haven't been back to the pool in ages.

So on the recommendation of a colleague, I found my self at the Army Sports Club. I was crushed however when the person assigned at the pool told me that they do not allow foreigners to use the sports club. I emphasized to him that I was going to pay for the membership or any other fees thereafter. Still he said it's only for Thai people. I was aghast of course. What does my nationality have to do with swimming in the pool? I only want to swim, what can be less simple than that? I figured it might be the fact that it was a military facility, hence not allowing foreigners is part of their security measures. But it still does not make sense to me at all. Anyhoot, I decided not to pursue the matter anymore. They can drink all the pool water they want.

Yesterday I decided to check a nearby college that has a decent swimming pool. It is about ten minutes by foot from the office though, and the route to the college is always congested. But what choice do I have? Membership at the pool is 600 baht per year (or about 900 pesos, very cheap no?) and 30 baht per session. The pool looks fine and not too crowded so I decided to apply for membership in the coming days. But for the meantime I need to do some working out at the office's gym (just in front of the door of my bedroom) to prepare me for swimming. And I believe I need to get back to yoga now, it's an excellent complement to swimming actually.

2 comments:

itsmeela said...

ay ang harsh naman nila..di ka talaga pinapasok? anyway, baka because of the military thing.. ingat always Gi! :)

kawadjan said...

hi ela! haggard talaga ang military sometimes. kahit saan actually.

hope you're doing great in your courageous venture.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin