Friday, September 21, 2007

A Sari-sari Store in Bangkok

I was very excited to read in D's blog about his latest find -- Bangkok's own Pinoy Sari-sari store. I was planning to visit it this weekend when I got an invitation from D that we visit the store last night. So I rushed to Silom after work yesterday.

I swear I peed in my pants when we entered the small store. Boy Bawang! Datu Puti! Skyflakes! Extra Derm! Mr Chips! Eskinol! Del Monte Fruit Cocktail! Silver Swan! C2! They even have TV Freaking Patrol LIVE! And some DVDs of Judy Ann, Sharon, and Vilma movies.

Divine, divine, divine!!!

Oh, it’s like seeing dear, old friends once again.

The store was set up just two weeks ago by a gang of Filipino singers in Bangkok. Tucked in a corner is a table where customers can have a drink of C2 while munching on Chippy, which we ended up doing. I saw some Filipino customers ransacking the store’s stock of cheese and Lucky Me pancit bihon. Apparently Thais also buy pancit bihon but they complain that it’s not spicy at all. Of course.

Now I know where to tambay when I want to swap chismis or watch ASAP and The Buzz.

Go check D's entry for better pictures of the store.

7 comments:

Carnation said...

heard about this from a pinoy officemate so i googled it and i was directed to your blog. nice!! we plan to go there tomorrow! thanks for the info. will also visit your friend's blog about it. at least now we do not have to carry all those stuff ourselves everytime we come back from home & pay lots for excess luggage!

itsmeela said...

Did you find celeteque there? :)

kawadjan said...

hi carnation: glad to hear my entry on the sari-sari store helped you. so how was shopping there? i'm planning to buy more skyflakes and boy bawang next time.

hi ela: wala, wala silang celeteque. kainis. but they have extraderm. hehehehe. :)

Carnation said...

went there last sat. did not buy much coz i still have lots of stock of skyflakes, cheezwhiz, eskinol and sinigang mix. ka-uuwi ko lang last aug kasi. they also did not have the stuff i was looking for. hopefully next time meron na! thanks for visiting my blog also!

Anonymous said...

this is good news! can i have the exact address? kindly mail it to me in kukicrumbs@yahoo.com thanks a lot! i hope they have corned beef and beef loaf!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to know if the place is still there?

Anonymous said...

They now have a website, you can visit it @ www.thesarisaristorebangkok.com

Cheers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin