Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gravity

A few months ago, my ex-uber-colleague, Jay, forwarded me a number of songs through YM. One of the batches he sent was from a certain singer called Sara Bareilles. At that time, I had no idea who she is, but Jay assured me that she is worth listening to. So listened the fagot did. Instantly I was mesmerized by her stirring voice, complemented by her appealing song-writing. She's a bit Fiona Apple-ish and Sarah Mclachlan-ish actually, albeit more upbeat and "popy". Read more about her in her official website.

Since discovering her music, I've been listening to her practically everyday (together with Jason Mraz and Mika). Her best known song to date is Love Song, which I sometimes hear in food courts in BKK, and even in the sidewalks of Silom. Girl is obviously getting more popular by the minute. My favorite song, however, is called Gravity. The official video is found here, and here's a live version of the song.



Gravity
by: Sara Bareilles

Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch, You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your reign.

[CHORUS:]
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile, When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

[CHORUS]

I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on
The ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin