Sunday, February 08, 2009

Must-watch: Revolutionary Road

Oh. My. God. This is one superb movie that gave me goosebumps. Watched it with Bubbles, Heidi, and Hye Kim Park last night.

Revolutionary Road is a glimpse into the life of a young couple in typical American suburbia in the mid-50s. It is about how much the family is willing to give up in order to realize their dreams. It is about challenging and breaking free from the trappings of the concept of a "normal" family.

The acting by Kate Winslet is astonishing. The costumes were resplendent. And the cinematography is top-notch. Gosh, gosh, gosh... I have to stop my self from effusing about my love for the movie.

Check this trailer instead (which uses Nina Simone's Wild is the Wind, one of my most favorite songs).


7 comments:

[G] said...

interesting. winner ang trailer.

jayclops said...

RR is one of the best films of 2008 I think. The critics, I'm amazed, are not getting it.

Anonymous said...

proof that kate winslet is one of the top actresses of her generation. too bad her "the reader" nomination made her performance in this movie ineligible for oscar's best actress.

Dawn Selya said...

you are so true. my most favorite film of 2008. this will be a classic..

bananas said...

*the best

meredelmae said...

wow trailer p lng ang ganda n. may parang katulad n scene s titanic makin luv in d car dun a. basta ni-recommend mo G, cguradong good film. did u see d reader? u lend me d book & i liked it. how's d movie?

kawadjan said...

g: and the movie's more interesting.

jay: i was stunned by the movie.

anonymous: her performance in the reader is way inferior compared to RR. what a waste.

dawn: exactly! a classic no doubt.

bananas: amen, pareh!

del: i have a review of the reader in the post above.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin