Friday, November 24, 2006

Noche Buena with the Igorots

I'm beginning to wonder... Who would take my photos in Sagada?

While everybody else is planning how to spend their Noche Buena and all those crap for Christmas I've been slowly planning my trip to the Mountain Province in December. Since I am as poor as a rat nowadays I can't go home to faraway Surigao (or Surinam as Sarah calls it) for the holidays. I figured I could spend some time alone during the holiday break when the rest of the populace are having a grand time with their family reunions.


I've always wanted to go to the Mountain Province to see the rice terraces. Now's my chance to take the long trip because our office has this force leave thing after Christmas and we only go back to work after the New Year. I might not have the chance again to take a long break so to Mountain Province it is then.

Recently I've been scouring the internet on how to reach the Mountain Province. I saw a number of blog posts about their trips to the Sagada-Bontoc-Bananue area and I'm learning a great deal about the place from the perspective of tourists. Knowing how to get there, where to stay, and places to see is always helpful when I don't have the luxury of being with a package tour.

I'm quite used to traveling alone but this should be different because the Mountain Province is no city that has its all too familiar conveniences. How exciting is that? I'm also going there on perhaps one of the coldest season of the area. My moth-smelling jackets should be put to good use. I learned as well that I need a pair of sturdy sandals to help me navigate the steep and muddy terraces, slipppery caves and waterfalls. I should of course not forget to have an obligatory photo with an Igorot or better yet grab a nice-looking Igorot for company. And while I'm at it, I should wear a bahag no? (Note to Self: Grab a bahag in Banaue.)

Now the million dollar question of the moment is: Who is taking my pictures during my trip? What is a good trip without some camwhoring?

Any volunteers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a safe trip bro...be sure to be back on my birthday though :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin