Sunday, September 16, 2007

And it Suddenly Dawned on Me...

... that Thai massage is actually way better than sex. At first glance, both look the same. I started by disrobing (and putting on some loose clothes they provide) and lying on the futon. I had a girl as my masseuse (harsh) and she did the rest while I groaned and moaned in immense pleasure. I was kneaded, twisted, rubbed, and stroked. A couple of times the girl was actually standing on top of me while I was lying on my belly. As in literally, ina-apak apakan nya ang aking pagkatao! At some point I was on top of her as she tried bending back my torso. Honestly, it was satisfaction I've never experienced before. And I didn't even need to come! I paid for the service, left the place, and everybody seemed happy. No hang ups afterwards (but no cuddling too). I wish I knew about the convenience of Thai massage much earlier, no?

After that uber relaxing massage, I crossed over to the Chao Phraya River to visit Wat Arun (or the Temple of Dawn), one of Bangkok's top tourist destinations. It was drizzling a bit so only a few tourists were wandering around the complex. [Note to self: only visit tourist spots when it's raining.]


Much like everything else in Bangkok so far, seeing Wat Arun was astounding. All the intricate details of, I don't know, hundreds of demons that seem to support the towers was mind-boggling. Floral designs made of porcelain and shells form complex mosaics on every other vacant surface, giving the towers a very arresting quality. I climbed the steep staircase that led me close to the apex of the main tower (the top was off limits to people). It was one tricky climb coz the rain made the steps very slippery. From the top I had a good view of the frenzy in the Chao Phraya and the roofs of the Grand Palace complex across the river.

Here are some pictures (with an obligatory solo shot... hehehehe).







No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin