Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Traveling with an Attitude

I guffawed while reading this article...
According to a recent international survey, the French are now considered the most obnoxious tourists from European nations, and behind only Indians and the last-place Chinese as the worst among all countries worldwide... the study also describes the voyageur franÇais as often unwilling or unable to communicate in foreign languages, and particularly disinclined to spending money when they don't have to - including on those non compris tips. Over all, French travelers landed 19th out of 21 nations worldwide, far behind the first-place Japanese, considered most polite, quiet and tidy. Following the Japanese as most-liked tourists were the Germans, British and Canadians. Americans finished in 11th place alongside the Thais.
Read the full article here. Very, very interesting. Makes you reflect how you are as a traveler. Any opinions about your fellow tourists from other countries? (Limit generalizations please.)

I always, always... and again... ALWAYS think of my self as an ambassador of my country whenever and wherever I travel. I have no idea what exact impression I leave but at the very least, I want to be unremarkable (better than leaving a bad impression, chai mai?). Still, I try my best to be as unfussy as I can, that we Pinoys are respectful to the locals... and that we have the best pout around.

How do you travel?

Photo Credit: Travel Pod

1 comment:

starlagurl said...

Hi Kawadjan, thanks for reading my blog. It's definitely important, as a seasoned traveler to conduct yourself as dignified as possible. Good on you for representing your country in such a meaningful way.

Louise Brown
TravelPod Community Manager

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin