Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Heart Joseph Altuzarra

If you're not aware that Fashion Week (yes, in capital letters) has kicked off in New York, then honey, you must've been living inside a cave. Shame on you, bitch.

I mean, what can be more important than Fashion Week, aber?

Anyway, since mid last week my eyes are almost falling out of their sockets from looking at numerous catwalk pictures and watching videos posted all over Style.com, Women's Wear Daily, and New York Magazine.

Gosh, gosh, gosh, I feel like I'm in heaven.

The collections I love so far are Alexander Wang, L.A.M.B., Marc Jacobs, and Carlos Miele. That's really a lopsided assessment coz I simply don't have the time nor the energy to browse through all the collections.

Alexander Wang

L.A.M.B.

Marc Jacobs

Carlos Miele

Besides, there are still dozens and dozens of new models' names and faces I need to memorize before this week ends.

I swear I'm overwhelmed at times. The deluge of information is just too much, I can hardly keep up. And that's just New York! There's still more to come when the Fashion Week coverage moves to London, Milan, and Paris. I can't wait!!!

Thank God for Twitter, I can closely follow insiders' scoops of some of the backstage frenzy, front-row gossip, and the crazy after-parties.

I have to mention that the blog coverage is also pretty comprehensive, thank God. (You can check my links list titled "Blogs with Style" on the right bar.) In fact, I initially planned not to bother writing about Fashion Week this season coz the coverage by bloggers alone is already all over the place.

But then, please allow me to make an exception.

The point of this post is really to introduce you guys to this piece of a man called Joseph Altuzarra, whose New York Magazine video I found on Women Management's blog.

Joseph Altuzarra is an up and coming designer under the label Altuzarra. I think this is only his third season.

It would be a lie if I tell you I've been following him. I have not previously heard of him either, although he seems to have quite a good resume. When I checked his designs, I really like them. Very, very promising.

But no, I'm mainly creaming my silk panties over how gorgeous he is, non? I want to have his babies, pronto.

He is a welcome addition to the crop of uber hot designers like Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Alexander Wang, Zac Posen, Olivier Theyskens, and the duo Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler.

Oh, let's not wait any longer, shall we? Go watch the video below.



You can check his profile on this link from New York Times and his Spring/Summer 2010 collection on Style.com.

Photo Credits: Style.com and WWD.

4 comments:

Lyka Bergen said...

Sa kuneho ako! Luvit!

fuchsiaboy said...

ganun?!

nakita mo lang yata yung designer at di yung collection nya.

check rodarte, jeremy laing. ganda!

kawadjan said...

Lyka: Kuneho? Ano yun?

Donita: True, mas nag focus ako sa fez ng designer kesa sa mga damit nya mismo.

asianblueberry said...

can anybody tell me where his asian origins are?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin